Life by Design: Moving Forward
Life by Design
There is so much bad news now. I'm afraid to move forward with my life because I don't know what is going to happen. But I feel like I'm just treading water if I don't move forward. I don't know what to do.
These days everyone is talking about the fear and panic over the economic and world situation.
But you don't have to give into the fear. Instead, you can notice how difficult times present us with possibilities that we haven't seen before.
Whenever there is a significant change in the order of things there is bound to be a little turbulence - a shaking up of things.
Think back to when you were a teenager...that shift from childhood to being a teen was often a bit turbulent. It was accompanied by massive internal and external shifts and we were not sure what to do, how to do it, or any of the who, what, wheres and hows. But we didn't just hold back and try to avoid the change. We couldn't even if we wanted to. The change was coming and we just had to hop on and go along with it.
If you think about it, all major changes are the same. The key is - when there is big change afoot it is easier on you to hop on and leverage the energy of change. Find the possibilities instead of trying to stay the same.
Resisting the energy of the change that is sweeping through is what results in difficulty.
Resistance wears you down and makes you afraid.
Resistance freezes you in the headlights of change and makes you an easy target to get slammed.
When there are big waves of change happening all around you, the way to rise to the next crest is simple:
* Get clear on what you want instead of being consumed by what you fear
* Figure out what you want to let go of
* Stop fighting what you are afraid of, stop fleeing from what is in front of you to do, and stop freezing and holding up afraid to make a move
* Start moving - be bold and courageous and get out there and take some calculated risks.
* Do something different that will be the bridge to creating the new version of you that is waiting in the wings.
Every major change that sweeps around you brings new versions of you and your life - and you might as well deliberately form those new versions rather than just leaving them to chance.
* Keep moving
* Keep - or begin - taking good care of yourself. If there is more stress or fear or uncertainty in your life it is even more important to do all the self care that is needed to give you sustainability - the ability to sustain yourself.
* Do new things
* Get moving on your dreams
Let the energy of change take you to higher ground.
Mary Ann Copson is Life Coach who specializes in helping her clients better manage their moods and energy. She is the founder of the Evenstar Mood & Energy Wellness Center for Women. You can visit her online at www.evenstaronline.com or reach her by phone at 434-263-4996.