FlyLady: List Maker
We all love lists. We make them every day and look at them. Lists can be helpful or they can make us feel bad. It is up to us to use the list to empower ourselves. We have David Letterman's top 10 lists, tips on every magazine cover and oh let's not forget about the 10 commandments. I have even made my own list of FlyLady's 11 Commandments.
This little list gives you the tools to find peace in your world. Just reading the list is not going to give you the answers to all those questions. But guess what? It is a great start. I know why we love list so much. It is because they seem so easy and we have time to read just a list. So here goes. I am going to take our 11 commandments and show you how doing them is a way to pamper yourself every single day. It is the being nice to yourself that is the key to this peace!
1. Keep your sink clean and shiny!
This put a smile on your face and helps you to stay on top of our kitchen.
2. Do your Before Bedtime Routine EVERY NIGHT.
Doing a before bedtime routine help you to start each morning on a good note, not a running through the house screaming fit. Everyone deserves to wake up without stress.
3. Do your Morning routine EVERY DAY, RIGHT WHEN YOU GET UP.
I want you to dress to lace up shoes so that you look good and this will help you feel well too.
4. Don't allow yourself to be sidetracked by the computer.
We have a tendency to stick our heads in the sand. Let computer time be a way to pamper and reward yourself.
5. Pick up after yourself. IF YOU GET IT OUT, PUT IT AWAY WHEN FINISHED
This is one thing that we don't even notice until it goes undone. When picking up after yourself all the time becomes a habit, you no longer have major hot spots to make you feel bad.
6. Don't try to do two projects at once. ONE JOB AT A TIME. Don't pull out more than you can put back in 1 hour.
Getting overwhelmed by a project is not good for your stress levels. Focus on one thing and you will find peace.
7. Do something for yourself every day, maybe even every morning and night.
You are worth it!
8. Work as fast as you can to get a job done. This will give you more time to play later.
Free time is me time! Don't let a job hang over your head. Get it done and forget about it.
9. Smile even when you don't feel like it. It is contagious.
A smile on your face can change your whole attitude. Do it even if you don't feel like smiling. The smile tells your head that you are happy. You can do this.
10. Make your mind up to be happy and you will be.
We can talk ourselves into anything: Why not happy. Get out of your ole poor me attitude and count your blessings.
11. Pamper yourself, you deserve it.
Yes you do. You do so much for everyone else, take a few minutes to do something nice just for you! When you develop the habit you will be FLYing High!
I want pampering yourself to become just as automatic as putting on your shoes and shining your sink. If you don't take care of you, then who will! I want pampering to become a way of life; every single day! I think you just need to be given permission to do this. Maybe not even permission, but an order! Now go pamper yourself.
Use this list to help you FLY because Finally Loving Yourself is an action that comes to you in each of these 11 Commandments.
For more information check out www.FlyLady.net Copyright 2008 Marla Cilley. Used by permission in this publication.