A Beautiful Historic Church

A Beautiful Historic Church

Saint Anne's Episcopal Church - 1873
Although the cornerstone for St. Anne's Episcopal Chapel was laid in June 1873, Saint Anne's did not become a parish until 1897. The rectory was built in 1926; the parish house acquired in 1966.
St. Anne's is named for Anne, mother of Mary and grandmother of our Lord Jesus; however, they believe the name was chosen after their benefactress - Mrs. Ann Hoye Bishop. The Bishop family was instrumental in the building of St. Anne's Church.
Saint Ann's Episcopal Church welcomes "people of all ages to worship and be a part of our faith community".
Saint Anne's Episcopal Church
9 Maple Avenue, Smithsburg, Maryland
(301) 824-3033, www.stannesmithburg.ang-md.org