Finding a Gift that Fits
Finding a Gift that Fits
(ARA)- Everything from the latest gadget to a celebrity's new perfume gets attention during the holiday season, but there always seems to be one consistent gift no matter the trend--clothing.
According to a recent national survey conducted by InsightExpress, new clothing is the most popular item women purchase for their family during the holiday season (61 percent), far surpassing music (23 percent), kitchenware/hardware, perfume/cologne and jewelry (all under six percent).
Retailers confirm this trend as well; in fact, the National Retail Federation's 2004 Holiday Consumer Intentions and Actions Survey found that consumers were most likely to purchase apparel during the holiday season, with nearly half of consumers having bought clothing and clothing accessories as gifts.
As shoppers look for the perfect apparel purchase this holiday season, they must not overlook jeans, the ultimate wardrobe solution. However, finding the perfect pair of jeans for everyone in the family can be a bit of a challenge. The last thing you want a gift to bring is long, cumbersome return lines. So when shopping for others, it is best to think ahead of time about the person you are buying for and the styles of jeans you want to purchase.
"A pair of jeans exists for everyone, no matter who you are buying for," said Leah Feldon, author of 'Does This Make Me Look Fat?' "It's about finding a style that is not only fashionable, but also looks great on the individual's body type. Fortunately for holiday shoppers, brands such as Levi Strauss Signature are available at retailers such as Wal-Mart, Target and Kmart, and offer a variety of fits to meet the fashion needs of every member of the family."
With a few handy tips and a wide range of styles, there is certain to be something for the entire family to enjoy. Here are a few simple things Feldon recommends you keep in mind when buying jeans as a holiday gift:
* Petite Figure- If a person has a petite or shorter frame, look for a straight leg style to help elongate their body. If the figure challenge lies around the middle, forget the low riders. Look for a mid-rise jean that will give the lengthening effect of the low-rise look with the comfort of a little more coverage.
* Hourglass- If a person has wider hips or thighs, a bootcut style will help balance their body. Slightly fitted through the hip and thigh, and then opening up at the leg, the bootcut is the most universally flattering fit.
* Pear shaped/ Full-figured- If a person is pear-shaped or full-figured, look for finishing variations. When it is lighter in the center of the leg and darker on the outside parts of the leg it creates the illusion that the leg is longer and therefore creates a slimming effect. In addition, choose pockets wisely; size is key. The best tip is that the pockets should correspond to the size of the jeans. Small pockets on large jeans accentuate the figure.
* Laid-back Look- The low loose style is for guys who prefer a laid-back look. The loose jeans provide extra room through the seat and thigh and are straight through the knees.
* Relaxed Fit- The straight, relaxed jean looks great on guys with a slimmer build, as the jean is straight through the seat and thigh. The jean still has plenty of room, but is not as loose on the thigh as the loose fit.
This season shoppers can find a gift that everyone will want to keep--and wear. With these simple tips in mind, every gift will fit and bring holiday cheer.
For more information on a range of fits under $25, as well as ideas for holiday style, visit www.LeviStraussSignature.com.
Courtesy of ARA Content