Must-haves for mom
Must-haves for mom
(NAPS)-Take the stress out of shopping for Mother's Day with a classic gift you know she'll love-a new book. Make it your own with these clever presentation ideas:
* "Gardening Shortcuts" is a rescue remedy with the advice needed to create a great garden and still have time to sit on the patio with a glass of wine. It will equip readers with practical gardening know-how while they find ways to create a showcase border or a patio of perfect pots. Gift giver tip: Wrap it up with a small rose bush.
* "Max Your Memory" is the first visually led, memory-improving program fully illustrated with infographics. Accessible and nonacademic, the book has exercises, strategies, tips and techniques to sharpen memory skills. Gift giver tip: Wrap it up with a set of colored pencils.
* "Step-by-Step Cakes" and "Step-by-Step Bread" are excellent for home bakers. They take publisher DK's signature photographic approach one step further, presenting all 120 recipes in step-by-step sequences, with every single stage demonstrated and photographed in full color. Gift giver tip: Wrap it up with a new set of bakeware.
* "The Complete Classical Music Guide" is a guide to every aspect of Western classical music, from chanting monks to the bold exponents of minimalism. Gift giver tip: Wrap it up with sheet music.
* "Fruit and Vegetable Gardening" offers the basics of kitchen gardening-planning, soil preparation, organic manures-and authoritative advice on growing a total of 150 individual crops. Gift giver tip: Wrap it up with shiny new gardening tools and heirloom seeds.
* "Step-by-Step Home Design and Decorating." When it comes to restyling, redecorating and sprucing up a home, this book has everything do-it-yourselfers need to know to give a home a complete makeover. Gift giver tip: Wrap it up with a gift card to the hardware store.