Ingenious ways to shed pounds
Ingenious ways to shed pounds
(NAPS)-If you've long felt you've had a slim chance of being slender, you may be glad to know you can take a balanced approach to your health and not have to give up all the good things in life. In fact, you may have to add a few. In addition, here are some surprising facts, tips and tricks that may help:
* Don't have three meals a day-have more. Your diet schedule should include a good breakfast, three small meals (including snacks) with three hours between them and one meal at least three hours before going to bed.
* Think about what you can add to your diet, not what to remove. Set a goal to consume the recommended five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
* Spice up your food. Seasonings can enhance the taste and make you feel you've eaten more.
* Don't exclude any nutrient or vitamin from your diet. Eat all kinds of foods.
* Treat high-calorie foods as jewels in the crown. Make a spoonful of ice cream the jewel and a bowl of fruit the crown. Cut down on the chips by pairing each bite with lots of chunky, filling, fresh salsa. Balance a little cheese with a lot of salad.
* Downsize your dinner plates. Studies find that the less food put in front of you, the less you'll eat. So serve your main course on salad plates (about seven to nine inches wide). Instead of 16-ounce glasses and oversized coffee mugs, use 8-ounce glasses and 6-ounce cups.
* Serve dinner restaurant style (food on the plates) rather than family style (food served in bowls and on platters on the table). When your plate is empty, you're finished; there's no reaching for seconds.
* Serve individual courses rather than piling everything on one plate. Make the first two courses soup and salad. By the time you get to the meat and dessert, you may already be full (leftovers are a good thing).
* Close out the kitchen after dinner. Wash all the dishes, wipe down the counters, turn out the light. Late-evening eating significantly increases the overall number of calories you eat, a University of Texas study found. Stopping late-night snacking can save 300 or more calories a day, or 31 pounds a year.
* Brush your teeth after every meal, especially after dinner. That clean, minty freshness will serve as a cue to your body and brain that mealtime is over.
* Pack nutritious snacks. Snacking once or twice a day helps stave off hunger and keeps your metabolism stoked. Consider delicious, nutritious MonaVie RVL(tm) Nutrition Snack Bars. With 24 vitamins and minerals, these low-glycemic, antioxidant-packed bars promote overall health and well-being.
* Curb your appetite naturally with MonaVie RVL(tm) Nutrition Shake Mix. This tasty, nutrient-dense shake mix delivers a wider array of nutrients than a typical meal-in half the calories. Made with AŠaVie(tm), the purest, most potent form of aŠai available, each serving provides the antioxidant equivalent of more than 10 servings of fruits and vegetables with an unparalleled fusion of macro-, micro- and phytonutrients. Just combine a scoop with water or milk for breakfast or lunch. You can also enjoy MonaVie juice.
* Take a dietary supplement such as MonaVie RVL(tm) Dietary Supplement with your morning and afternoon snacks.
_ Eat a healthy, balanced dinner consisting of 500 to 600 calories. This meal should include a variety of vegetables, fruits, lean proteins, healthy fats and complex carbohydrates.
* Participate in a minimum of 30 minutes of physical activity most-if not all-days of the week. If you have any health concerns, contact your physician prior to starting a weight-management or exercise program. This accelerates your metabolism, helps reduce body fat and, because it builds muscles, helps you burn more calories.
Learn more about losing weight and gaining health online at www.monaviervl.com or call (866) 956-1848.