Article Archive >> Community
Music in Your Community (November 05)
Music in Your Community
The importance of music is its power to transcend time, emotion, culture, and language as we connect with others. Like food and water, music has nourished man for generations--often bringing tears to our eyes. Music's power connects us across the barriers of time, culture, and language.
The bond of music unites us--sometimes highlighting our similarities, sometimes celebrating our differences.
Here's a list of "Music in Your Community" for this month...
* Bowman Memorial Recital, Cardinal Trio (violin, cello, piano). November 6 at the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts, Hagerstown. 2:30PM with reception to follow. Call 301-739-5727 or visit www.wcmfa.org for more information.
* Wind Symphony Features Student Conductors. The Shepherd University Wind Symphony presents its student conductor concert on Thursday, November 10th at 8:00 p.m. in the Frank Arts Center on the campus of Shepherd University. Tickets are $10 for general admission, $5 for students 18 and under, Shepherd students are admitted free of charge. For information, please contact the Concertline at 304-876-5555.
* State Line United Methodists Church, 287 East Ave., State Line. Frances Drost Program. Frances Drost is a concert artist whose programs are done with intentionality and excellence. 10:15am program on November 13. Call 717-597-4217 for more inforamtion. www.francesdrost.com.
* Maryland Symphony Orchestra's MasterWorks II. A select Scandinavian offering featuring Andrew von Oeyen on November 12 and November 13 at 8:00pm and 3:00pm at the Maryland Theatre. Call 301-733-7842 for more information.
* Artie Shaw Orchestra at the Maryland Theatre. November 14 at 7:30pm. Call 301-733-7842 for more information.
* 1st Annual Four State Talent Showcase. The Maryland Theatre on November 18 at 7pm. Come see the area's hottest talent from Hip-Hop to Country Music on one stage. The talent showcase will display some of the region's untapped talent along with the area's top professional artist and record labels. Call 301-790-2000 or go online www.mdtheatre.org
* The Middletown High School Band is proud to host an appearance by the USAF Heritage of America Band's Rhythm in Blue Jazz Ensemble at 7:00PM on Friday, November 18 in the school's auditorium. Tickets to the concert are free to the public and may be picked up at the Middletown Municipal Office, the Middletown branch of Bank of America, or ordered by mail by calling 301 293 4250 or by writing firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Leon Cross Concert Series: Ithaca College Choir at First Christian Church, 1345 Potomac Ave. on November 21 at 7:30PM. This is the first of the Leon Cross Concert Series. Ticket prices are 5.00 adults, 3.00 students/seniors, under 5 free. Tickets may be reserved by calling First Christian Church at 301-733-0144.
* Gallery Quartet. November 27 at the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts, Hagerstown. 2:30PM. Call 301-739-5727 or visit www.wcmfa.org for more information.
* Christmas from Dublin features The Three Irish Tenors. The Maryland Theatre on November 30 at 7:30pm. Since their first performance this talented and exciting trio has performed to delighted, packed houses throughout Ireland, the United Kingdom, Asia, and the United States. Call 301-790-2000 or go online www.mdtheatre.org
Be sure to check out area elementary, middle, and high schools for great family music programs including high school competitions and performances.
<< back to Articles on Community
<< back to All Articles