Article Archive >> Holiday Gift Guide
Smart holiday shopping
Smart holiday shopping
(NAPS)-Holiday shopping can be a breeze-with or without the assistance of Santa's little helpers. This year, more than ever, people are looking for ways to get the best value out of their holiday budget. Don't have a posse of elves on hand to help find the best deals? That's OK. With a little know-how, shopping this holiday season can be as easy as one, two, three (or ho-ho-ho).
* Make a List. Now Check It Twice: Create your list and begin your hunt for the best deal. Have a favorite place to shop? Some retailers offer price matching, which means you can shop where you want and be confident you are getting the best value.
* Sweat the Small Stuff: Much of holiday gift giving focuses on big-ticket items but sometimes the best gifts come in a small package. Don't forget about those great gifts that are $25 or less. If you're still stumped, opt for a gift card.
* Give Yourself the Gift of Convenience: Let's face it, the holidays can be stressful and expensive. So why not cut a few corners? Look for free online shipping and easy return options. Some stores let you order online and pick up your order the same day in-store. These offerings can make a lot of difference, especially if you are a last-minute shopper.
* Gifting and Saving: Holiday shopping on a budget doesn't mean missing out on great gifts for everyone on your list. A store like Best Buy prides itself on having the season's hottest selection of gifts that will bring smiles to your friends and family, while keeping your budget intact. Great gifts under $100 include:
* Rocketfish Mobile In-Ear Headphones
* Sprint HTC EVO Design 4G Mobile Phone
* Sportline Step and Distance Pedometer
* Madden NFL 12 for XBOX
* Griffin Technology Crayola ColorStudio HD for Apple iPad and iPad 2
* Kodak PlayFull Waterproof HD Pocket Camcorder
* Gear4 Angry Birds Apple iPad 2 Case
* Hello Kitty Over-the-Ear DJ Headphones
* Amazon Kindle Touch
* DeLonghi Pump Espresso Maker.
One last tip: Always buy a few small gifts just in case someone drops by unannounced or gives you a gift you did not expect.
Now, take a deep breath and a giant sip of eggnog, because you are ready to tackle your holiday list.
<< back to Articles on Holiday Gift Guide
<< back to All Articles