Article Archive >> Featured Topics
Tournament of Bands at Musselman High School
Tournament of Bands
at Musselman High School
by Jennifer LB Leese
On Saturday, October 28, 2006 high school marching bands took to the field at Musselman High School in Bunker Hill, WV.
Parents, grandparents, friends, neighbors, classmates, and community supporters gathered for an exciting, but cold, evening of marching band performances.
As with every TOB, food and refreshments, souvenirs, and program guides were readily available throughout the length of the event.
Participating Bands Include:
South Hagerstown HS, Hancock HS, Keyser HS, Falls Church HS, Petersburg HS, North Hagerstown HS, and Boonsboro HS.
Bands performed in pre-set groups according to the number of players in the band:
Group 1--up to 35 musicians and a maximum of 35 auxiliary
Group 2--36 to 55 musicians and a maximum of 55 auxiliary
Group 3--56 to 80 musicians and a maximum of 80 auxiliary
Group 4--81 or greater
Each band was given a block time of 14 minutes. The logical conclusion of the visual and music performance must be a minimum of 7 minutes and a maximum of 10.
Placement and Awards went to:
1. 84.00 Southern Garrett HS (Percussion, Auxiliary, Music, Visual)
2. 80.80 Northern Garrett HS
3. 74.50 Hancock HS
4. 74.30 Westmar HS (Drum Major)
1. 82.90 Hedgesville HS (Drum Major, Percussion, Music, Visual)
2. 80.65 Fort Hill HS (Percussion)
1. 91.40 Allegany HS (Percussion, Auxiliary, Music, Visual)
2. 89.35 North Hagerstown HS
3. 83.05 South Hagerstown HS (Drum Major)
4. 81.55 Greenbrier East HS
5. 75.00 Warren County HS
6. 90.05 Musselman HS (Exhibition)
1. 86.80 Hurricane HS (Percussion, Auxiliary, Music, Visual)
2. 82.90 Boonsboro HS (Drum Major)
3. 80.65 Williamsport HS
4. 76.40 Martinsburg HS
5. 76.15 Jefferson HS
<< back to Articles on Featured Topics
<< back to All Articles