Article Archive >> Featured Topics
Indulge Yourself! 20 Ways to Feel Fantastic This Mother's Day
20 Ways to Feel Fantastic This Mother's Day
by Jennifer LB Leese
Don't let yourself come last! It's important for you to be able to indulge in things that are just for "you." You deserve it!
Important, how you ask?
It is a known fact that having a relaxing, non-stressful moment in your day will ease your social life as a friend, mother, and companion. In doing so, you are more relaxed to deal with family issues such as, the kids fighting and screaming, your husband's personal and work-related issues, not to mention all the housework waiting for you at the end of a long and tiring day.
Ease your family life as a mother and lover and you'll be more productive in your work life. Your boss will thank you and so will your co-workers.
You will be able to think more clearly and you'll find that you are able to handle and solve daily conflicts that may arise throughout the day.
We all know that driving in the car can be extremely stressful. Did you know that while listening to the radio in your car can be extremely relaxing? You can also get books on tape. Or try turning off the radio, winding down the window, and listening to the breeze sweep past you.
No matter what your job description may be or even if you're a "Work at Home Mom," "Working out of the House Mom," or a "Stay at Home Mom," you should always find a few minutes to cater to yourself.
One important thing is to keep yourself well-adjusted. What is a well-adjusted woman? The answer, of course, is different for everyone. We all know that a well-adjusted woman isn't a super hero, cartoon character, or a mythical creature. She can't do everything on her own, and she certainly can't be expected to be able to deal with troubling issues with a level head, but she can try!
Even a well-adjusted woman who thinks she has her life together has mood swings, runs out of energy, and still has time to give to her children, her partner and her family. However, a well-adjusted woman should never allow herself to be neglected. In doing so, everyone suffers.
Here's a few soothing, relaxing and enjoyable ways for you to pamper yourself.
1. Sit outside, doing absolutely nothing, and watch the clouds go by at the City Park or on the front porch of your own home.
2. A warm, soothing bubble bath is always nice, any time of the day.
3. Go for a leisure walk by yourself or with your family.
4. How about entering someone else's world for a while? Read a book. Alternatively, watch a romantic, drama, or comedy movie.
5. Make an appointment at your local salon to have a manicure or pedicure. You'll feel refreshed and ready to go. While you are there, have your hair shampooed and styled.
6. I have found that sitting in a quiet room, reading a book to my children is another great way of relieving stress of a hectic day.
7. Listen to your favorite music for a while, whether it's soft music, alternative, or even rap. Whatever enriches your soul and makes you feel good.
8. Spending the day in area flea markets and antique shops is sure to put your mind at ease. Remember, 'Someone else's junk is someone else's treasure'.
9. Calling your best friend is another great way to make yourself feel good. Find out what's new; catch up on gossip or even just talk about old times.
10. Order dinner in tonight. Pick somewhere new or call on old-reliable. Just sit back and wait for it to arrive. Clean up is a snap-just toss it in the trash can.
11. Did you know that laughter is good for the soul? Moreover, that it is contagious. Laugh...and others are guaranteed to laugh with you.
12. Even just the simple task of lighting a scented candle can be fulfilling. Relax and let the aroma take you away.
13. Another good way to make you feel good is to order yourself a gift basket. How about freshly scented bubbles bath basket or even a romantic basket to share with your loved one?
14. Having a make over is a wonderful way to feel refreshed--it does a pretty good job on your ego too. Let someone else turn you into someone new for the day. You won't regret it.
15. Even a small shopping spree can make any woman feel good. Pamper yourself; buy something you've always wanted.
16. Take a day all to yourself. See the sights--do something you've always wanted to do.
17. Making crafts can be very enjoyable. Start with something easy and build up from there.
18. If all else fails, make an appointment to have a professional masseuse rub you down for an hour or more. That will surely release your tension.
19. How about having a facial? You'll be surprised, you will leave there feeling relaxed, fresh and you'll be smiling for hours.
20. Find your favorite place to sit, whether it's at the park, your living room or even at the local library, and try writing about your day or whatever comes to mind.
The key is to find something that relaxes you. Everyone is different. Many women feel that kick-boxing or martial arts is a way of relaxing. They say that it helps them become the well-adjusted woman they should be. If you are one of these women, and feel that kick-boxing or martial arts is a great way of relieving tension then by all means, do it! More power to you!
You will have a better outlook on the things around you and in your daily routine. In addition, you will feel as though you are in better health and the people around you will benefit from you pampering yourself.
<< back to Articles on Featured Topics
<< back to All Articles